Subject: Re: [amos-list] Seemingly easy task...
From: Rune Zedeler <[email-masked]>
To: Rune Zedeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 21:50:30 +0100

From: Rune Zedeler <[email-masked]>

On 02-Jul-99, Rune Zedeler wrote:

>    Sqr((x+1)�+y�) - r > r - Sqr((x+1)�+(y-1)�)

>To get rid of the square roots we multiply all parts with them selves:

>    ((x+1)�+y�) - r� > r� - ((x+1)�+(y-1)�)

>Notice that the 2 inequations are not exactly the same - but they are very
>close when the numbers are close to each other.

I made a test.
The smallest radius on which the two routines do not do exactly the same is
2051.

That is: If your circles has smaller radii than 2051 then the two routines
make identical circles.
If your circles are getting bigger then a few pixels now and then will be
different.

-- 

         /�\ __    __ /�����\           _         Rune Zedeler
________/ /// \\__/ \\\  ---/           \�-_      Rydev�nget 3,3th
\      / //�|  \\/  ||�\ \\��������������   �-_   8210 �rhus V
 )    / //  | \ ` / ||  \ \\ Lemmus of Efreet  -  Denmark
/    / �����\\|\-'/ /����� \\____________   _-�
�����\------'/||��| \------'/           /_-�      [email-masked]
      ������\-'/  \-'/������            �         Tel: +45-86750655
             ��    ��

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

ONElist:  where real people with real interests get connected.
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html